Seagle Music Colony Guild
Who We Are
The Seagle Music Colony (SMC) Guild is a volunteer organization formed in 1996 to support the Seagle Music Colony mission by providing a welcoming atmosphere for the emerging artists and audience members who attend SMC performances. Proceeds from sales by the Guild go to the Seagle Music Colony Scholarship Fund. Our activities in support of these goals include:
- Hosting emerging artists and providing a supportive “home away from home” for the summer season.
- Holding a fundraising luncheon each summer season. CLICK HERE for tickets to the 2019 Luncheon on Wednesday, August 7, 2019.
- Selling refreshments at all SMC performances.
- Organizing a winter and summer raffle.
- Serving as ushers, program distributors, and raffle sellers at all SMC performances.
The Mission of the Seagle Music Colony Guild is to increase awareness and community support for the exceptional training program for singers at Seagle Music Colony; create a welcoming atmosphere at each performance by greeting patrons, ushering, and providing refreshments; support the Seagle Music Colony Scholarship Fund with profits raised; and create a supportive atmosphere for the artists.
Relationship of Seagle Music Colony, inc. with the Seagle Music Colony Guild
The Seagle Music Colony Guild (the Guild) is organized as an auxiliary, supporting organization under the auspices of Seagle Music Colony, Inc. The Guild President or a designee shall serve as an ex officio member of the Board of the Corporation. This relationship allows the Guild to operate with tax-exempt status as part of Seagle Music Colony, Inc.
Regular reports of the Guild’s activities will be made to the Seagle Music Colony, Inc. by the president. All financial records will be available for audit by Seagle Music Colony, Inc. at the discretion of the Seagle Music Colony, Inc. Board.
- Membership in the Seagle Music Colony Guild is open to men and women who are interested in furthering the purposes of the Guild.
- Members of the Guild are encouraged to become members of Seagle Music Colony, Inc.
- Members are expected to attend Guild meetings.
- Members are expected to work at three or more performances each summer. (The president should be notified of any extenuating circumstances, which make this impossible.)
- Honorary membership is for inactive members who have been in the Guild for a minimum of 5 years and who have made a substantial contribution to the Guild. Based on a recommendation to the Guild Board of Directors by any Guild member, the Board will determine honorary status.
What We Do:
Purposes of the Seagle Music Colony Guild
- To increase awareness of, and generate community support for, the training program for emerging artists and the public performances presented by the Seagle Music Colony.
- To create a welcoming atmosphere at each performance by greeting, ushering, and providing refreshments.
- To personalize and enrich the summer experience of the emerging artists.
- To contribute financially to the Seagle Music Colony Scholarship Fund and, with prior knowledge of the Seagle Music Colony, Inc. Board, to support any other endeavors voted by the membership
- To donate, with the approval of the Seagle Music Colony, Inc. Board, items to the Colony that would contribute to the comfort, convenience, and beautification of the Colony
Q: How Many Members?
A: The 2018 membership is currently at 52
Q: How frequent are the Meetings:
A: General Meetings are held every two weeks during the summer season
Q: How do I become a Member?
A: Contact any member of the Guild to assist you OR send an email to email@example.com.
Q: Do Guild Members pay dues?
A: There are no dues.