You followed us around the country with Darren’s travelogue (if you missed it, you can still read along – check out “On the Road with DKW” on Facebook) as we heard auditions from many singers selected from an even larger pool of applications. After much travel and even more deliberation – we are so excited to share our 2020 roster with you!
A few fun facts about this stellar group of 32 promising performers to get us started:
- 9 are returning for a second summer on the hill (we love familiar faces! #heyoldfriends) and 23 are brand new (and we can’t wait to get to know them, too!).
- 10 are sopranos; 6 are mezzo-sopranos; 6 are tenors; 6 are baritones; and 4 are bass-baritones/basses.
- They hail from over 20 different US states.
- All 32 singers have or are currently completing a Bachelor’s Degree; 16 have or are currently completing a Master’s Degree.
- They will collectively perform 39 roles in 3 operas and 2 musicals over the course of our 2020 summer season. [whew!]
You can visit our 2020 Artists page to learn more about each individual singer. Know them, love them, and better yet – come hear them sing this summer from June-August!
Season tickets are on sale now, and single tickets will be available starting April 1. Bringing a large group? We also offer discounts for groups of 10 or more. No matter how many people you bring, you won’t want to miss a moment of our exciting 105th season!